WE ARE MOVING

PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW AND IMPROVED SITE WWW.CEBUANO101.COM

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Emotions: Happy and Sad

Hi mga higala (Hi Friends) We are going to tackle emotions. It will be a 3 part series about the basic emotions. In this lesson, I will share the root word, suffixes and how to use them in a sentence. More words will be introduce in these 3 part series lessons.

Let's start with Happy
Happy - root word : lipay

Suffixes:
Nalipay - being happy in past and present form
Malipay - will be happy; in future tense
Malipayon - Joyous
Kalipay - happiness

Sample sentences:

Lipay ko.
Happy me.

Nalipay ko sa imong gibuhat.
I was happy of what you did.
I am happy of your actions.
Vocabulary:
ko - me/ I
sa - of
imong - your
gibuhat - things you did

Malipay ko makakita nimo.
I am happy whenever I see you.
Vocabulary:
Makakita - to see
nimo - you

Malipayon ko sa nahitabo.
I am very happy of what happened.
I'm glad of what's happening now.
Vocabulary:
ko - me/I
sa - of
nahitabo - events

Kalipay nako ang mobisita nimo.
It's my happiness to visit you.
Vocabulary:
nako - me/I
ang - subject marker
mobisita - to visit (future tense)
nimo - you

-------------------------------------------
Let's go to Sad

Sad - root word: guol

Suffixes:
guola - very sad
naguol - feeling sad (past and present tense)
maguol - will be sad
nagul-an - something to be sad about
magul-anon - very sad
kaguol - to feel sad

Sample sentences:

Guola nako oi! -
 I am very sad!
Vocabulary:
nako - me/I
oi - an expression to give emphasis to the person's feelings.

Naguol ko sa imong balita.
I feel sad of your news.
Vocabulary:
ko - me/I
sa - of
imong - your
balita - news

Maguol ko kung magbulag ta.
I will be very sad if we break up.
Vocabulary:
ko - me/I
kung - if
magbulag - to separate (future tense)
ta (kita) - us

Tan-awa ra gud ni si Judy. Magul-anon kaayo ug hitsura.
Just look at Judy. She has a very sad face.
Vocabulary:
Tan-awa - look
ra - just
gud - an expression
ni (kini) - this
si - Subject marker immediately followed by a person's name.
kaayo - really
ug - connecting word
hitsura - face


Unsa may nagul-an nimo?
What is making you sad?
Vocabulary:
Unsa - what
may - is
nimo - you


kaguol ba!
What a really sad thing!
Vocabulary:
ba - an expression


That's the first part of our series about emotions. Next Wednesday, we will be talking about Anger. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask in the comments. Please watch my video for the pronunciation and more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment