WE ARE MOVING

PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW AND IMPROVED SITE WWW.CEBUANO101.COM

Friday, September 30, 2016

How to say I love you in Cebuano

Ah! The famous word "I love you". Your heart is bursting with so much love and you wanted to tell your girlfriend or boyfriend this phrase in Bisaya. I'm telling you my friend, you are in the right place. I got you! You'll learn to say this phrase in less than 10 seconds. There are different ways to say this phrase and I am going to teach you the conversational way of saying it in Bisaya.

Lesson: I love you!
1. I love you -   Gihigugma teka.
 

Gihigugma ko ikaw - another way of saying this phrase but we don't usually use this in day to day conversation.

Gimahal te ka or gimahal ko ikaw - the word "mahal" I think is a borrowed word from the Tagalog dialect. We don't usually use this phrase. There might be some or a few Cebuanos used this phrase but I believe that the phrase "Gihugma teka" is the most commonly used.

2. I have fallen in love with you/ I'm in love with you.

Nahigugma ko nimo.


Nahigugma nako nimo


3. I'm in love with her/him / I've fallen in love with her/him.

Nahigugma ko niya.


4. I'm in love with this man/ woman

Nahigugma ko aning lakiha.


Nahigugma ko aning bayhana.


Vocabulary:
Gugma - love
Nahigugma - fallen in love
ko/nako - me
nimo - you
Aning/ Ani - this
lakiha - man
bayhana - woman
niya - that person

Please watch my video below to learn more.



No comments:

Post a Comment