WE ARE MOVING

PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW AND IMPROVED SITE WWW.CEBUANO101.COM

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

How to say Goodbye or Farewell

Hello mga Amiga and Amigo! Kumusta?

Today's episode, I am going to teach you how to say goodbye or farewell in bisaya.

Farewell
"Manamilit nako."

Filipino/Tagalog: Paalam na.

Goodbye
"babay, bay-bay, baboosh"

Filipino/Tagalog: Paalam.

I'm going.
 "Adto nako" or "Adto sa ko"
 "Ari nako" or "Ari sa ko"

"Manamilit na ko" is somewhat the nearest translation I could think of but this phrase is not usually used by locals. When this phrase is used its like you are dying or you are going to die.

Locals sometimes used this to sound comic with friends but the following phrases are more commonly used to say good bye to friends or family:

 "Adto nako" or "Adto sa ko"
 "Ari nako" or "Ari sa ko"

which simply means "I'm going"

"Uli nako" means "I'm going home"

Please watch my video below for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment