WE ARE MOVING

PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW AND IMPROVED SITE WWW.CEBUANO101.COM

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mo-Actor Focus

In Actor focus the emphasis is on the actor, or the doer
       of the action.

MO - is the prefix used before the verb root
          in the FUTURE tense.

The past and the present both use the prefix:
            MI- OR - NI-

These two are acceptable depending on
what part of the Visayas region you are in.

I usually use "ni". It is more common here in Cebu



SAMPLE SENTENCES

1.
Asa ka?
Where are you going?

Mopalit ko ug gatas sa
       tindahan ni Judy.
I'll buy milk at Judy's store.  


Asa - where
ka - you
Mopalit - to buy
ko - me/I
ug - connecting word
gatas - milk
sa - at 
tindahan - store


2.
Nikaon na ka?
Have you eaten?

Oo, humana.
done.

Wala pa.
not yet.

Nikaon - eating/ eaten
na - already
ka - you
Oo -yes
humana - done
Wala  - nothing
pa - yet

3.
Friend is coughing...

Niinom na ka ug tambal?
Have you taken meds yet?

Niinom na ka ug tambal sa ubo?
Have you taken cough meds yet? 

Moinom pa  ko.
I still have to.

4.
 Nitawag ka?
Did you call?

Oo (yes)
Ngano man?
Why?

 Nitawag ko kay gimingaw
ko nimo.
I called because I miss you.


Nitawag - called
Ngano - Why
ka - you
man - (expression)
ko - me/ I
kay - because
gimingaw - to miss someone
nimo - you

The-mi form is always past tense, unless there is a
present time cue (like today or right now).  Then it
becomes present tense. The mo-prefix is generally used
with verbs of motion or movement. It usually refers to an
instantaneous action, or "short-lived" action.

Next lesson is the MAG - Actor focus.

credit: Raymon's Notes




No comments:

Post a Comment