WE ARE MOVING

PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW AND IMPROVED SITE WWW.CEBUANO101.COM

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Personal Pronouns - Kami Kamo Kita Nako Niya Nila Nimo Nato

Hi mga higala! (Hi Friends!)

I'd like to thank all of you for helping me reach my 2k subscriber goal in my Youtube Channel. If you are new, visit my channel here and don't forget to hit the bell subscribe button so you'll get notified when a new video is up.

Today's lesson is Personal Pronouns in Ergative and Absolutive cases.

Let's discuss the Ergative Case first and how to use it by using a sample sentence.

Giunsa (How)  ____(fill in the blank)______  ni (this) paghimo (make/create/did)?

Nako - Giunsa nako ni paghimo?
            How did I make this?

Nimo - Giunsa nimo ni paghimo?
           How did you make this?

Niya  - Giunsa niya ni paghimo?
          How did he/she make this?

Nato  - Giunsa nato ni paghimo?
           How did we make this?

Nila   - Giunsa nila ni paghimo?
          How did they make this?


Another sentence example:

Giunsa (how) ______ pagkaila(know) nako (me)?

Nimo - Giunsa nimo pagkaila nako?
            How did you know me?

Niya - Giunsa niya pagkaila nako?
          How did he/she know me?

Nila  - Giunsa nila pagkaila nako?
          How did they know me?

The nako and nato are not applicable in this sentence because there is already "nako" in it. These 2 personal pronouns will not make sense in the sample sentences. I'll show you.

Nako  - Giunsa nako pagkaila nako?
             How did I know me?

Nato  - Giunsa nato pagkaila nako?
           How did we know me?


Now, let's go to the Absolutive Case -Kami/ Kamo/ Kita

Sentence Sample:

Dili (not/no) _______ naghimo (did/make/doing) ana (shortcut of "kana" means "that").

Kami - Dili kami naghimo ana.
            It's not us who made that.
Note: Speaker is talking to non-member of the group.
.
Kamo - Dili kamo naghimo ana.
             It's not your team/ you guys who made that.

Kita - Dili kita naghimo ana.
          It's not us who made that.
Note: Speaker is talking to member of the group.


I hope you got what I mean. If you have any confusion, you may comment here or in my youtube channel. Please watch my video on how to pronounce these words and for more details.



No comments:

Post a Comment