WE ARE MOVING

PLEASE GO TO OUR NEW AND IMPROVED SITE WWW.CEBUANO101.COM

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Courtship Phrases: I can't answer that right now


This is the 3rd episode of our Courtship Phrases series.  Today, I will teach you how to say...

"I can't answer that right now"

Let's revisit our script from the previous episode. As I can remember, we stop at the girl's reply to the boy's question.

Boy: Pwede ko manguyab nimo?
Girl: Pwede.
Boy: Naa koy chansa nimo?
Girl: 

The girl's answer is...
"Dili pa ko katubag nimo ana sa pagkakaron."
                             "I can't answer that right now"

Well, obviously it still early for her to know if the guy has stand a chance with her. Courtship takes time as we all know it. Though this is not applicable to some relationships. 

Some girls would add this phrase...

"Manguyab pa gali ka, unya na ko pangutan-a ana"

Let's break this down.
Manguyab - to court
pa - yet (about to)/ still have to
gali - (I am not sure what is the translation of this word in English. It would seem there's none.) It's mostly used to give emphasis to the phrase. 
ka - you 
unya na- later/ in the near future/ some other time
ko - me
pangutan-a - ask a question
ana - about that


"Manguyab pa gali ka, unya na ko pangutan-a ana"
"You still have to court me, ask me about that some other time"

Let's continue with our script
Boy: Pwede ko manguyab nimo?
Girl: Pwede.
Boy: Naa koy chansa nimo?
Girl: "Dili pa ko katubag nimo ana sa pagkakaronManguyab pa gali ka, unya na ko pangutan-a ana"  

In this script, it is somewhat a bit rude to ask "Naa koy chansa nimo?" at the on set of courtship. Give it sometime before asking this question to a lady.


That's all for today guys. Thank you so much, we will continue our script tomorrow. Let me just remind you that for this week, it will all be about courting a Filipina/Filipino. See you!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment